Monday 18 April 2016

[Interview] Hello Venus Nara “Long hiatus, thanks to fans that always waiting”


A new meeting is always a way to feel excited. However, it's unnecessarily have to be new, waiting for someone that you long for or miss also can create excited feeling like a new meeting.

Last year, Hello Venus and Nara broke the long hiatus, came back in the arm of fans with 'I'm Ill' and they're undergoing time of improving for a more developed appearance again. Like Nara said, thank you to fans that always waiting even when on long hiatus, if the excited feeling when waiting for someone you love is happy and grateful heart like this, the fans no matter what time it is contentedly, that waiting is a complete condition.

As much as grateful heart to fans, Hello Venus Nara still have too much things to show to fans. Let's listen to only Nara's story that cannot be known when she is between the 6 beautiful goddesses, so she's more lovable.

Q. It's really great to meet you again after the group pictorial. It was a pictorial with BNT after a long time

When I saw the pictorial draft, it was a concept that I really want to do. I liked the ambiance and it was a feeling that I want to do. There are many things that I look forward to, it was interesting and I tried the pictorial shooting independently, so the members also want to see it (laugh). It was really interesting

In fact, the members support me. I'm really worried because I gain weight on my cheek, so I went for a sudden diet haha

Q. The most expected concept

I look forward to the third concept, which is wearing body suit. It was a concept that I want to try and even though it is a daring clothes, it is something that I want to challenge.

Q. We are really curious about what are you doing now and your recent condition

I went to a few variety program independently and each member is practicing diligently.
During hiatus, doing individual activity is not that easy. I exercise and have group practice, so I'm rather more busier. During promotional time seems to be more better haha. Mainly I went to watch movie with members at night.

Q. You don't have any album activity after 'I'm Ill' on 2015

We're continuously preparing for next album. All members are preparing diligently.

Q. Nara, why did you dream to be in a girl group

I really like to learn. When I learn thing that does not do well, I really like the sense of achievement feeling especially. The time when I am preparing for girl group, I can feel the the joy of learning choreography and vocal. I practice and make effort so when I see bit by bit my developed appearance, I tend to feel the sense of achievement from that part. I like that part and it was interesting, so I dream to be in a girl group. Even when being trainee the first time, while preparing together with the members the achievement is high about that part and we can make something together were really good. So I got to start.

There are people that said they like sing and dance, but it was good that I cannot accomplish something together with the members. That seemed to be big for me.

While I am preparing as a trainee at that time, I am selected from a survival form so the feeling get to pile up within that and the family-like ambiance was created a lot. We lean on each other instead of a competition.

Q. Since when did you start your trainee life
I started since I was 20 years old. It was not early and the younger one taught and told me a lot. There is no up and down in learning aspect so the younger one that do well tell me and we hang together for the part that does not do well. Rather than a severe competition, there are many ambiance with let's go well together.

So while I watched 'Produce 101' that was broadcast recently, I really sympathized a lot. My agency younger siblings also appeared a lot and I was really a fan, while I watch that old thought really came out a lot. While I watch everyone is working hard through broadcast, I am also seem to return back as a rookie(laugh)


Q.  How was 'Ask Us Anything' variety outing after a long time

It was first outing of group variety that Hello Venus appeared together after a long time. Before that, we had gone out individually one by one but as we go out as a group, it was really fun. When I appear alone, the heart that want to do well is big, so I was really nervous and I also go with burden but when the five of us go, it was really fun. Rather than a shooting, it feels like we came to play and the seniors also took care of us a lot. I really like it because I heard many compliments that hope us to come out well.

The shooting took 3 hours which is less time than I expected(laugh). Rather than we did well, we listened to the seniors word, talked and it felt that we came to play. The reaction also came out by itself.

Q. Do you have any variety that you want to make appearance

It seem to be nice to go out once on 'Running Man'. The members and I feel the same.

Also personally it is supposed to be really good if I can make appearance on Law of the Jungle. On the recent broadcast, Seo Kang Joon from my agency made appearance actively and I enjoyed watching it. So I thought that it will be really fun if I can make appearance later. I also thought that I want to come out to the wildness once and experience it(laugh). There are many things to do in nature. Collect food, establish house and moreover Kim Byung Man is there so it seems that I don't have to worry haha. He is originally an all-round so I can make living even if I'm by his side, a stability that has no harm is held.

Q. You always go together, it seems like a new sentiment when you do individual activity alone

For now, when I do individual activity alone, I really miss the members the most. And it seems that the mind that I have to do well seems to be big. I have to do well, so the rest can get more opportunities. So no matter where I go out, I try more harder in order to be complimented.

When I am doing individual activity, I really felt the preciousness of the members. It is not only me, but other members also think like that.

Q. As a group, Hello Venus role model is Shinhwa, who is Nara's role model?

It is not because he is in the same agency with me, but I want to point out about Ha Jung Woo. His acting skill is one thing, but he is famous as a person that take care of the staffs well. He is someone that always practices his individual skill. I think he is a great senior when I saw him always trying to do something even while resting and he tries hard for his own development.

Q. You said that your ideal type is a man that exercise, is it still unchanged?
It is unchanged haha. My ideal type is someone that manage himself thoroughly but the first reason is keeping in shape is basic in this job. Come to think of it, a person that exercise diligently looks great.

Our fans also saw the interview at that time and they say they cut off health. So I said let's exercise together. We have to go mountain climbing sooner or later (laugh). We also participate in many marathon. When we go to those kind of events, our fans run in order to take picture, but we said don't be like that and let's run together. At this rate we are going to be exercise-dol haha.

Q. How do you spend your day when you have no schedule?

These days I am trying to watch movie constantly. If a new movie is released, I go to cinema with the members. I am also practising for group practice constantly. By no means, my body stiffened so I cannot really rest, I am also singing and dancing together diligently. I am having a time of self development(laugh).

Q. It seems that you like movie.

I like movie and when I was little, I always spend my time with my grandfather and he really like movie. If there is broadcast like 'Saturday Night Movies' we will watch and sleep together. So I am used to those and I like it more.

The reason I watch movie with members or spend many time with them is either me or the members usually have different time of vocal or lesson, so there are many distant time. So at a time that is not like that, we are told frequently to be together. Whenever we have time, we take care of such things, gather, eat and watch movie. We spend those trivial time together.

Q. If slender beauty women hang out, you'll be noticeable well.

There are also fans that inquire. Gratefully. Recently I went to cinema, thank you very much for asking, saying you enjoyed watching variety show, hoping that we will come out well and supporting.
I am grateful and gain strength at that place. Moreover as soon as I felt those, I feel that I should work more diligently


Q. The most happiest moment for Nara since debut

Either way, our hiatus tend to be long so I am always grateful for fans that wait at that time. When we start our promotion, I cannot thanks enough the fans that waited altogether came. At the time like that, I am grateful and feel the most biggest happiness as much as I am crying. Once I almost cry but I make sure to hold it back. I am always thank you for always waiting, supporting, watching our broadcast and come to see us.

Q. Do you remember your first stage?

My first stage was M! Countdown . Other friends cannot forget their first stage and remember them all but I was really nervous that time so I cannot remember my first stage haha. I remember that I did the choreography really diligently, but I cannot remember the performance. Other members they even saw the red light from the camera but I cannot even remember that one and maybe I just look at the front and dance diligently.

Q. On the contrary, do you have the most difficult or unforgettable moment?

For me when I cannot see fans for a lot time is the most difficult moment. Both domestic and international fans give many fan letters, but we are not all on the same wavelength so there are many time I feel sad. Actually our distance are really far away so I feel regretful and sad that we cannot meet often.

Q. Nara's perfect body is a topic of conversation with 'Muscle Queen Project', do you have any secret to keep in shape

It is not that I don't do exercise at all, but recently I am exercising carelessly. Nevertheless usually I drink water a lot. I try to exercise for 30 minutes 5 times a week. In a case like aerobic, if I cannot go to gym I will do rope-jumping, spread mattress at home and do muscle exercise.

Usually my appetite is not joke. Before promotional activity if the time that I have to manage diet comes, I go side by side between diet together and I try to eat protein a lot. Originally I have no basic common sense but while doing 'Muscle Queen Project' with Lee Yeon unnie, she taught me a lot. Originally there is too much of this knowledge. If I say I have diet, I only eat vegetable but I eat many protein, so I cam maintain my muscle.

I am absolutely not lean from birth. When I was young, I was rather chubby. There were many repetitions of gaining and losing weight, but when I debuted I completely gain weight, so I said that I cannot be like this and I continue with dieting constantly.

It is a job that I appear a lot in picture or video, so I like to show a more prettier appearance and I am also satisfied. Even if I gain weight a bit, I'll be sensitive and watch myself.


Q. There are many light dress with the warm weather, do you have only Nara's flab treatment tip?

When I exercise at home, I frequently search for video. Exercise that I do recently is an exercise done with towel. Our lodging is an apartment so we cannot make stomping noise. I search for exercise that can be done modestly but it is an exercise that catches the flab of side or forearm. I'm doubtful that it will have an effect, but I try to do it and it is refreshing haha. It seems to be really good. I also do muscle exercise and among members there is also members that do it together, the posture is funny but the effect is fine.

Q. Your fashion that was shown on Fashion Week was a topic of conversation, but what is only yours fashion styling?

Normally I like comfortable clothes, so I like to wear jeans. In return even when I wear basically, I tend to give one point. During Fashion Week, it was a skirt with visible side line. I am trying to give different point bit by bit following the concept of that day. I make point one by one either with cap or accessory.

That day I wore like that according to the designer suggestion, so it is captured prettily. It is the first time I came out with Alice unnie, so it was more interesting.

Q. Idol's many different field are noticeable to eyes, is there any field that you want to challenge other than singer

I have a chance, I also want to challenge acting. Recently I am getting acting training along with the members. Many people are also active as an MC. I want to make sure to try as a music broadcast MC once.

Q. A modifier that you wish to stick in front of Nara's name

There is something that I already told on the old days. It will be really good to stick a modifier named Vitamin. When working together and saw an active, interesting and also a person like me, I hope you can think of vitamin word. My wish is to become a person that give energy haha.

Q. A word for fans that are waiting for Hello Venus and Nara

Grateful fans that always wait, support, come to see us every time and do not forget us during our hiatus. I hope you know that we are trying hard to meet the fans faster and I hope you will wait also for each of our individual activities.

I think the fans and us are extraordinary. So we will show a more nice appearance and performance, and we will become more developed, so I hope you will give many support and wait for us

Previously after 4 years, there is a story that they asked me to go to eat meat together. I was shocked that they still remember it and I thought that shall I change the pledge differently. Shall I do marathon for fans' health.(laugh). I really miss you haha

[BNT News] Hello Venus Nara “Long hiatus, thanks to fans that always waiting”