Wednesday 20 July 2016

[Interview] Hello Venus Alice "Musical is a 'chance' for me"



Her reversal charm is blowing up. Hello Venus Alice took action in her first musical debut with musical 'All Shook Up'. She is meeting the audience with her real name Song Joo Hee. We cannot smell girl group's fragrance from Song Joo Hee on stage.

Musical 'All Shook Up' is a jukebox musical packed with Elvis Presley's classics song. Before debuting, icon of generation Elvis Presley went to an unknown village and draw the developed story. It gathered subject of conversation early with casting of Infinite Kim Sung Kyu and Wheesung as Elvis, and Park Jung Ah as Natalie.

Song Joo Hee as Sandra is a character that infused energy into the story as intelligent museum curator. With real name Song Joo Hee, as much as she get started in front of public freshly, her determination and spirit are great.

- With what reason that you challenged for musical?


"Fantagio which is famous as actor agency is my agency. So I've been learning about acting since when I was a trainee. I also made appearance in web drama 'After School Lucky-or-not 2' and drama 'The Night Watchman's Journal' and etc. Musical is a field that do both acting and singing simultaneously so I thought that it'll be fun. Opportunity for audition came naturally and I the greed to do it appears."

- You're the youngest among actress that take Sandra role.

"Sandra is pretty, sexy and intelligent. She's an fantasy-like existence of all men in the village. After watching other seniors perform on stage in previous season, the age group of the character is high. I'm 27 years old but they see me as an idol, my way of speaking and appearance also seems to be more younger. I agonised a lot. So the given conclusion 'Let's not pretend to be older and life energy is accumulated forcefully.' I am setting up and acting as curator that just live her social life."

- Song and musical is different from vocalisation.

"I was used to singing song, so I underwent hardship in the beginning. Song is expressing emotion with technical. I throw away my breathing, I deliver my heart with giving the tremble of my voice but musical is different. As it is a stage song, my voice has to be loud and my pronunciation need to be accurate, I have to even express emotion. During audition, singing was more difficult than acting"



- You are natural on stage. It seems that you practise a lot.

"In the beginning, I put on many efforts. During acting I'm Sandra, but I 'm Song Joo Hee when I sing. While watching musical actress Jung Ga Hee unnie that was casted for same role, I received help. She makes the song as she wants from beginning until the end. I envy her strength to drag the song until the end. I'm learning a lot beside her. I'm still trying."

- Lead character Elvis enormously trying to win Sandra heart. What about your impression about working together with Kim Sung Kyu and Wheesung as Elvis?

"Wheesung oppa feels really like he follow Sandra around. The energy together is really good. He did the expression the he likes greatly, so I'm comfortable and grateful to act with him. Sunggyu oppa is cute. I think that he really is like Elvis than the feeling that he like Sandra. He somehow has feeling like a real neighbourhood star"

- When you act, what is the part that you take care the most?




"'All Shook Up' is a comedy genre. There are points that the audiences burst into laughter, at some point I become obsessed for laughter of  the auditorium. Unknowingly, I get to look whether the audiences laugh or not, and I got to discover that I'm trying to be funny. Now I have to practice for melting the whole play."

-What type of person is the actual Song Joo Hee?

"I always heard that I'm arrogant, quiet and looks cold. Maybe it's because I'm Hello Venus leader, so in public I always show my appearance of taking care and arranging the members. Originally my personality is easy-going. When unavoidable, I also whine to the younger one."

- The members came to support on the set.

"They cannot come during first stage because they have schedule. They are really sorry for that. They came and hand out rice cake and write letter one by one to all actors and staffs. I thought that indeed they are the best."

- Recently Hello Venus member Nara is receiving public attention.

"We debut on 2012, the struggling hard kids are seeing the light gradually. Nara and I are the oldest two in our team. I thought that it's a relief that the unnies are getting the seat quickly and are doing well."

[Sports World + Naver] Hello Venus Alice "Musical is a 'chance' for me"