Friday 12 August 2016

[Article] Alice in Hello Venus, Song Joo Hee in musical…'All Shook Up'


When Song Joo Hee was casted as 'Sandra', an arrogant curator in musical 'All Shook Up', a questioning reaction was great majority. The fault of unfamiliar name. The main character is 'Hello Venus' Alice(26).

Song Joo Hee that was met in Daehangno recently said, "The genre of song and musical are different. While I debut as musical actress, I hope you'll look at me without prejudice". Her wish went through. In spite being in her musical debut work, she showed strong singing and acting ability, and made a soft landing.

Musical is a product of agony about her identity. This year she had debuted for 4 years. Last year, as idol and team leader Song Joo Hee with deep worry recalled, "I agonised about the thing that I really want to do".


"I'm the youngest in my house. I grew up like the only daughter because I have 12 years difference with my elder sister. But when I enter Hello Venus, I was appointed as leader. I'm the type to think a lot but it increased more. 'Will it do if I only work hard for things that I'm in charge of' 'What are other things that I should accomplish' etc...."

As much as she's the team lead vocal, the feeling that wants to get recognition with singing is rolling. Agency Fantagio is acting-based agency, so greed occurred as an actress too. Then musical comes up. She said with glittering eyes, "I can sing, I can act, I can gain stage experience and to do all of this at the same time is very difficult however I'm participating with the mind of I'm learning."

Sandra is a museum curator with intelligent charm and glamorous look. In reality, actresses of mature atmosphere acted for Sandra mainly. Poverty in the midst of plenty, she's seen as workaholic that avoid man and a perfectionist but in fact she is a character with lots of loneliness. After meeting a man of lyrical sensibility that reads Shakespeare's sonnet, she suddenly changes positively.

Song Joo Hee's Sandra is more brightened. In a way, idol that enjoys popularity anywhere she goes, it's like her appearance. "As I'm acting Sandra as she is, it doesn't feel natural to me. I added cute and young feel. She became a curator when she was young and came to area without an acquaintance, so she though she's a character that get lonely. However, when she met a man that appreciates her, the easy-going and active original her came out. She's not a character that changes suddenly."


'All Shook Up' is a cheerful jukebox musical filled with hit song of 'Rock n Roll Prince' Elvis Presley (1935~1977). "It's not classic musical song, fortunately it's pop-style musical song so I'm learning little by little enjoyably". Song Joo Hee said the more she goes up the stage, she envies the energy of musical actors. "Of course I'm still difficult. Every time I watch the seniors' acting and singing which is overflowing with immersion, I worry deeply and think."

Every time she has free time, she looks around for musical. The musical that she wants to appear the most now is musical 'Wicked'. She wants to act as lively and off the wall but pure charm white witch 'Glinda'. The name Alice is given because the agency president said Song Joo Hee is off the wall and it's a name quoted from 'Alice in the Wonderland'. "I'm serious with attitude and mind to participate in musical." Until August.28 Art Center Grand Theater Daehangno Hongik University Seoul. 02-744-4331

[Newsis + Naver] Alice in Hello Venus, Song Joo Hee in musical…'All Shook Up'

Post response:

1. [+8,-0] I thought what's she doing not going out with her group, apparently she's doing musical ㅎ Her gaze is kinda black hole that can absorb. Her gaze is the best! Her gaze is alive even when she sings ㅎ Even musical~you're an artㅎ

2. [+6,-0] Recently she finished MV shooting too. It must be hard to do both musical and album preparation at the same time. It's nice to see her hard working appearance

3. [+1,-0] Her hard working appearance is good~ I'm always supporting. Alice is the best~~

4. [+1,-0] Fighting Song Joo Hee -Alice Peek-a-boo-