Saturday 19 March 2016

[Interview] Jack of all trades changes from an idol to an actress, an interview with Seoul Institute of Arts Applied Music Department alumni Yooara

Today I met Applied Music department Yooara and had an interview with her.
Her enthusiastic appearance about work is as impressive as her beautiful face. Will everyone also be attracted to alumni Yooara’s charm?




Please introduce yourself simply.
Hello. I'm from Applied Music Department Yooara. I debuted with Hello Venus in 2012 and now I'm active as an actress.


How are you doing these days?
These days I'm doing pictorial or magazine shooting mainly. I'm planning for small advertisement and drama in China. Not long ago, I appeared in web drama ‘The Alchemists’ that has ended. Today also I came after shooting for web drama Hyungsik’s campaign.

Please tell the reason you get to come to Applied Music Department of Seoul Institute of the Arts.
I graduated in young age 17 years old in order to debut into entertainment world. At that time, I was a trainee so even if I succeed in entrance examination, I could not go to school. Even though a lot people said that if you’re an entertainer, it’s fine even if you don’t go to college, but I wanted to study more deeply and made firmly from basic part. So I debuted and enter this school.

What is the most difficult among entertainment activity?
There are really lots of difficult parts. As I went to school and do entertainment activity at the same time, there are more of difficult things. An entertainer is a job seen to the public's, therefore even if I’m sad and difficult things happen, I didn't let it show and there are parts which I can smile. Since that life lasts, I lose the real ‘me’. Those things seems to be really difficult.







Then what is the most strength giving among those life?
Maybe dream or goal that lead me? I used to fall frequently into mannerism. It seems to be dream or goal that I have are the one that caused me every time. If I tell like this, it can be funny but I think that I hold the star in my mind and go on living respectively. Actually ‘star’ is far and difficult to touch. It is the same with dream or goal. It can be difficult to accomplish, however think that we have to pick that star.




Then what is your dream or goal that you have now?
An acting or sing that all people can sympathize is my ‘star’.

While you go to school, is there any memorable thing?
Art is not very related to me. However I felt many things while I have class with Graphic Arts Professor Choi Yong Cheon on class ‘Light Color Design’ last year. There was the time that I expressed ‘myself’ when I stopped between schedules on rest stop, I thought about how to make an artwork out of fallen leaves and while I find this and that I was really into those tasks, I remember. And I was really excited during festival last year. Even though I'm bad with alcohol, while drinking several cups with the friends that I met in class, we told each other about our vision and future and I was happy that we seemed to exchange valuable talk in a cheerful atmosphere. The atmosphere or talk back then remained impressively.







I'm curious about your reason to become an actress.
I debuted as Hello Venus on May, around September I was casted in a sitcom with a lot of excellent people such as senior Na Mun Hee, senior Ryu Seung Soo etc. It’s a really good fortune. The sitcom is MBC <What is Mom>. The atmosphere was really good at that time. I was not tired even when I stay up for 3 nights and when I was sick if I went to shooting set, I gained energy. The memory is so good. It makes me want to act continuously. I'm still making contact with the actor that appeared together. It was together with director and staffs of web drama <The Alchemist>. It’s a really thankful thing that they call me again.

Then do you have any separate activity plan as a singer?
I cannot let go of singing. Originally I become a celebrity to become a singer. But I don’t want to come and go between acting and music. Because of my personality that has to finish something certainly before doing something else, I want to sing when I was developed as an actress. However I’m always doing musical composition. I'm bad with computer, so I write the score directly and write the lyric, if there’s a good melody I do the recording on my phone. When my fans want it, I will sing several bars through SNS. I want to participate for OST in 2 years.






What do you think of point of sameness and difference between music and acting?
I want to tell that music and acting has no difference but if I listen obstinately to the difference, music has to show everything in a short time therefore the step is shorter and stronger than acting. As for acting the step is longer than music. The number of frame is long and it is more necessary for detail. However I'm likely to consume the emotion and it’s likely to be the same in the part called ‘emotion worker’.
Finally do you have anything to say?
Sometimes I come to school and see the passing students. The people that have dream get together and I like the thrilling of when I can feel the passion like mine. For me school is a consolation and a strength-giving room. I hope everyone will get the star in themselves here.



Naver BlogJack of all trades changes from an idol to an actress, an interview with Seoul Institute of Arts Applied Music Department alumni Yooara