Wednesday 8 March 2017

[Interview ①] Nara "Change of members, we needed time"


Pouring girl group every other day. When it's not even enough to let their face known with an album every quarter, Hello Venus made a comeback after 1 year and 6 months. It has been 6 years since their debut. The popularity that shined at the beginning of the debut become little with long hiatus. While there was no album activity, Nara (26 · Kwon Nara) tried not to be forgotten.

"At first I was impatient. I did not think we'd have such a long hiatus. I had a hard time blaming someone, but I thought about it differently. I thought it was a chance to devote myself and it was time to sharpen my skills."

The 6th mini album that was released on January 11, is released 1 year and 6 months after July 2015. They debuted with cute and bubbly concept but they transfer to sexy route together with member replacement. They attempted image transformation with 'Sticky Sticky' 'Wiggle Wiggle' 'I'm Ill' and etc. The results were not satisfactory. And the new album released this time is lighter again.

"We put our heads together and worried a lot. What is the best concept for us? While looking for the process, we came here and all the members cheered because the album this time is good. There was no direct involvement but we prepared for a long time and became familiar with the music of Hello Venus."

Nara attracted attention as a next-generation girl group center following Suzy and Seolhyun with one of the mobile telecommunications advertisement in the early part of last year. She did not want it but she was exposed side by side with Suzy and Seolhyun in media. "I feel sorry to them (Suzy and Seolhyun). I'm not even at the level to be mentioned together, but we're tied unintentionally. Previously, there were no comments in my article but now 9 of 10 are swear words. I don't think I should just be happy because I got attention and it's ambiguous."

Her performance in variety show is also outstanding as she has also gone to 'Law of the Jungle' and has also been active as a panelist for 'King of Masked Singer'. There may be jealousy of the members, but it is not possible because everyone has gone through all sort of hardships. A new album that is planted on the base of slightly elevated awareness of herself. "It's a lie to say that my shoulders are not heavy but I'm glad if this helps the team."

She's also advertising beer and she's an optimized interviewee in DrinkingDol. She is not able to talk for a long time because of practice after the drinking talk but we've heard about her last six years of activities and enthusiasm. "Ah and I don't look old. Please say that I look mature. Hahaha."


- This is drinking talk official question. What is your drinking capacity?
"I do not drink well so around half bottle of soju. But I like the atmosphere of drinking. If I drink a little longer, I'm going to the end of the drink.

-Do you have a special drinking habit?
"I'll make sure to go home and sleep. I'm very sleepy when I drink. Drinking is more tiring than other exhaustion of physical strength."

-You cannot drink often.
"It's the fate of the girl group. We do not drink often because of body management and we just have a cup when we feel good. Now it's a period of activity so we are more further from drinking.

-New song 'Mysterious' is a bright feeling.
"That's right. It's bright and light. The earlier songs were feeling down as a whole but we can see a lot of bright images this time."

-In January, there were a lot of female singers starting with AOA. Are you not worry?
"I used to worry about it before the album release but now I think we should enjoy with each other. 'What if we get buried' I'm worried about it only then. The purpose is to show you how to enjoy and play, and we don't dwell on the chart."

-Is the concept right?
All of the members are bright, mischievous and playful. So this time, we fits well with the concept."

-Did you abandon sexy concept?
"Our debut was fresh but we wanted to make a difference. We wanted to try sexy concept once with 'Sticky Sticky' 'Wiggle Wiggle' and etc and it was a golden chance. I have a lot of desire to talk with the members and show a new concept when we take a break."

-If the hiatus is long, do you not think a lot?
"Everyone was not positive, but when we were together, our personality changed. We can be depressed in vague times when we do not know when is our comeback but we overcame it together. We comfort each other."

-You had an unexpectedly long rest.
"Nowadays, they often make albums and show them to the public to search for their colors. They have three or four albums in a year. We are very anxious and impatient because we are not like that, but now it is different. I had time for self-development during the break. If you do not have activity, we practice singing and choreography. We think 'If not now, we will not have self-development time'. Then the anxiety disappeared."

-Why do you think your hiatus is long?
"We can not find the original color of Hello Venus, so I guess the album was delayed."

-You still can not find the color in your 6th year debut.
"Of course I know. There was an unexpected change in the members and it took time for new friends to come in. We needed time to find our own colors. We'll show you from now on. I'm close with Girl's Day Sojin and she advised 'In the end, long runs are important.'

[Ilgan Sports + Naver] Nara "Change of members, we needed time"

Post response [+9]:

1. [+13,-0] HV, cheer up

2. [+5,-0] HV cheer up~♡~Nara~♡~Very pretty~^♡~?!

3. [+13,-3] And then it's a girl group that comes up immediaately with one album. I hope we can see their potential with good song..

4. [+5,-1] HV ~♡~Cheer up~♡~Nara~♡~Very pretty ~^♡♡^~?!

5. [+0,-0] Hello~~

6. [+2,-3] Really pretty...She is the same age with me ..Let's be my girlfriend!

[Interview ②] Nara "Unintentionally I feel sorry to Suzy and Seolhyun"
[Interview ③] Nara "Please don't say that I look old, but I look mature"

0 Hello Cupids:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here :)